KCAL-TV, KCBS-TV has an immediate opening for a Aerial Reporter/Photographer – UNION.
Req ID#: 28152
Job Title: Aerial Reporter/Photographer – UNION
Job Description/Requisition Details: KCBS2/KCAL9 TV, the CBS Owned & Operated Duopoly in Los Angeles, is seeking an experienced Helicopter Reporter/Photographer. This position will report News LIVE for both stations, operate on-board camera and ENG equipment from our helicopter. This is a freelance position with one shift per week scheduled and additional backup shifts as necessary. In addition to on-air duties, this position will represent the duopoly at a variety of public and station events, and perform other duties as assigned.
Principal Job Duties:
On-air helicopter reporting of news events while operating aerial geo stabilized camera systems in a KCBS – KCAL helicopter.
* Activating and operating microwave transmission systems, 2-way radio systems, and establishing live microwave signals to stations or other receivers, operate video recording devices.
* Monitoring police and other agency scanners as well as online news sources (Twitter, etc.) during scheduled shifts to identify possible news events and report on those events
* 3 years’ minimum experience in broadcast and production.
* Knowledge and operation of aerial camera systems.
* Understanding of Radio Microwave technologies.
* Knowledge and operation of video recording systems.
* Knowledge of Southern California roadways and landscape.
* Ability to multi-task in high stress situations.
Must be willing to work weekend evenings and various shifts as scheduled. Must be available as part of an on-call rotation
* College degree preferred.
Please have interested candidates visit our web site at https://cbs.avature.net/cbscorpcareers/JobDetail?id=8432 to apply.
Consistent with our equal opportunity program, we request that you advise us of any candidate, including disabled persons, minorities or women, you believe may be qualified for this position and advise interested parties to apply as indicated.
KCAL-TV, KCBS-TV is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://cbs.avature.net/cbscorpcareers/JobDetail?id=8432 →