PASADENA SYMPHONY ASSOCIATION
The House Manager is primarily responsible for the Front of House (FOH) management of events for all Pasadena Symphony & POPS concerts at Ambassador Auditorium, LA County Arboretum and Pasadena City Hall. This is a part-time position.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage FOH activities for events and performances taking place in the venues listed above as well as other venues when necessary. Coordinate with stage management to ensure that houses open and programs start on time, late seating in on schedule and intermissions stay within allotted time frames.
- Manage, schedule, train and coordinate the recruitment of volunteer ushers, including maintaining databases with ushering staff contact info, dates and hours worked and attendance and performance records.
- Maintain training in Guest Services, Accessibility procedures, emergency evacuation, medical and life safety issues as they relate to patrons for all special events and performances.
- Field and resolve patron complaints. Work closely with box office personnel to trouble shoot ticket issues and patron complaints while maintaining customer satisfaction and comfort.
- Direct and monitor lobby traffic to ensure maximum ease and comfort, both in entering and exiting facilities, maintaining all public assembly rules and venue capacities.
- Assist in all Accessibility services and monitor patron ease and comfort.
- Work with security to ensure patron safety in a high-profile facility.
- Communicate house repairs, safety concerns, heating and cooling issues to General Manager.
- Oversee and assist in the setup and upkeep of audience seating tables.
- Maintain incident reports for insurance purposes.
- Handle other administrative duties as directed.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience as a performance manager/house manager in a theater or performance venue.
- Exemplary customer service and hospitality skills combined with the motivation and interest to act as a role model to staff.
- Strong management, organizational and financial skills.
- Demonstrated ability to act as a diplomatic leader.
- Ability to juggle multiple requests and tasks in an extremely hectic environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Computer literacy including Microsoft Word, Excel and Access and knowledge of databases.
- High level of motivation, persistence and patience in working with various groups of people.
- Interest in and knowledge of classical music is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of times, walk up four flights of stairs and able to lift 10 lbs.
- Availability to work long hours, the majority of which are in the evenings and weekends.
- Weekly schedule is dependent upon concert and event schedule so hours will vary from week to week. Ability to be flexible in work schedule is required.
Please send resume and cover letter to dflaherty@pasadenasymphony-
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org