Medicine – Cardiovascular MedicineLos Angeles, California
The Project Coordinator is responsible for managing the day-to-day administrative tasks of the CBC, including (but not limited to): scheduling and coordinating meetings and planning events, arranging with vendors for services, preparing agendas, gathering and organizing supporting information, booking travel, and recording minutes and summarizing for typing and distribution.
In addition to administrative duties, the Project Coordinator will aid in managing IRBs, and may oversee and coordinate the execution of clinical trials. The Project Coordinator will manage the day to day operations of clinical trials, such as documentation, study subject management, and quality control. Throughout the planning and execution of clinical trials, the Project Coordinator will work closely with the Executive Director, and Research Lead, the Digital Health Fellow, as well as the study sponsor – often a private medical device or digital health company.
On a day to day basis, the Project Coordinator will also assist with business development efforts. These will include researching companies to target for sponsorship and membership, development of targeted materials such as Powerpoint presentations, and the planning and hosting of business development meetings. The Project Coordinator will play a supporting role in the planning and execution of the annual Body Computing Conference, a day-long meeting of physicians, entrepreneurs, and innovators from all over the world focused on exploring the future of digital health.
Candidates should have an interest and/or experience in digital health and wireless sensors. We are looking for candidates who are passionate about transforming the current healthcare system and committed to providing better healthcare outcomes through the use of technology.
- Performs administrative duties associated with scheduling and coordinating meetings and planning events.Arranges with vendors for services, prepares agendas, gathers and organizes supporting information, and oversees production and distribution of related materials.Attends functions to ensure satisfactory outcomes.
- Records minutes and summarizes for typing and distribution.Ensures confidentiality and controls access to sensitive information such as faculty or staff personnel files.
- Supervises unit employees and/or student workers, as assigned.Schedules, assigns and prioritizes workloads.Sets appropriate deadlines.
- Assists in the design of study protocols. Recommends methods and procedures for data acquisition, management and quality control. Recommends statistical techniques for data analysis. Contributes to the writing of reports, research papers, articles and other documentation of study results.
- Assists in building and maintaining study samples. Disseminates information about the project. Screens participants by assessing eligibility for research protocols and potential for commitment to project. Develops and implements sample enhancement strategies. Monitors participant progression throughout study and conducts evaluation at end of study.
- Contributes to the documentation and update of study procedures. Coordinates design, revision, approval and production of research instruments and related materials such as consent forms.
- Instructs study personnel on proper protocol and quality assurance procedures and responds to questions regarding data collection, coding, management and analysis methods.
- Advises on statistical techniques for data collection and analysis. Assists in the planning of data collection. Develops computer programs for data screening and analysis or recommends and uses statistical software. Generates graphs, charts or tables to present analysis results and provides interpretation.
- Conducts quality assurance reviews of research protocols. Monitors and cites violations and submits regular reports.
- Writes status reports of study efforts and works with investigators on the writing of articles, research papers and other documentation of study results.
- Stays current with pertinent literature and developments in field of specialization.
- Researches and recommends specialized equipment purchases and hardware/software installations and modifications. Operates and maintains very specialized equipment and trains others in equipment usage.
Preferred Education: Master’s Degree
Preferred Experience: 3 years
Preferred Field of Expertise: Directly related education and experience to be able to advise on project procedures and analysis techniques.
Posting Salary Range:
Percentage of Time: 100%
Fixed Term: Yes
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Minimum Experience: 2 Years
Preferred Education: Master’s Degree
Preferred Experience: 3 Years
Minimum Field of Expertise: Directly related education and experience to be able to advise on project procedures and analysis techniques.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://firstname.lastname@example.org://usccareers.usc.edu/job/los-angeles/project-coordinator/1209/4349686 →