The Pacific Asia Museum, at the University of Southern California, is currently seeking a Retail Store Manager to join its team.
For more information and/or to apply, please click on the link below:
Note: Interested candidates must apply to the attached link. Inquiries to this email box will not be answered.
USC PACIFIC ASIA MUSEUM:
USC Pacific Asia Museum (PAM) is the only museum devoted to the arts and culture of Asia and Pacific Islands located within a major research university. Located in Pasadena, CA, the Museum is located in a registered historical building in the style of a Chinese courtyard. Its collection of over 15,000 pieces encompasses a wide range of art and cultural traditions from Asia and Pacific Islands and spans more than five thousand years. For additional information, see the museum’s website, https://pacificasiamuseum.usc.edu
Reporting to the Head of Operations, the Store Manager is tasked with to be in charge of a unique store within the PAM. The incumbent would provide courteous and knowledgeable assistance to customers; resolves customer issues; performs cashiering; stocking and other duties to promote efficient functioning of the store. The incumbent’s work will enhance the visitor experience and further the PAM’s mission.
· Provides excellent customer service to all museum visitors by maintaining friendly and helpful demeanor
· Research and identify merchandise suitable to align with applicable exhibits and the overall mission of the PAM
· Manage store finances by preparing budgets, analyzing variances, and initiating corrective action
· Secures merchandise by implementing security systems and measures
· Work with Head of Communication and Marketing to develop and implement marketing strategy
· Supervise and evaluate store staff
· Interact and inform guests of current exhibitions and programs
· Perform other duties as assigned
· Resolves customer complaints
· High school or equivalent
· 6 – 12 months
Field of Expertise:
· Retail Sales
· Bachelor’s Degree
· 2+ years of experience in working in a museum retail setting