Student LendingLos Angeles, California
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Processes and funds student loan applications. Underwrites and resolves member issues as needed. Develops sales and service strategies alongside supervising manager.
- Manages and maintains a comprehensive student and parent credit union member database created by growth in the credit union’s education loan programs.
- Assists with the planning, implementation and maintenance of a pro-active follow-up operational mechanism that advises current and potential credit union members of the processing status of their various education loan applications.
- Counsels the families of all new and continuing students on the specifics of education loan financing options available through the credit union.
- Assists with the creation and execution of consumer finance education programs for current and potential student loan borrowers. Counsels credit union members on long-term planning strategies that allow them to save for their current and future higher education expenses.
- Consistently meets established performance standards, service standards and sales goals
- Ensures compliance with all applicable laws, regulatory requirements, policies and procedures as they relate to USCCU’s products and services
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested. The University reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
The ideal candidate will:
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree
- Have a minimum of one-year experience in financial institution sales and service with a proven track record of meeting production and sales goals
- Be knowledgeable in Bank Secrecy Act, OFAC, US Patriot Act, Regulation CC and funds availability, GLB and Member Financial Privacy, NCUSIF, and Truth in Savings
- Be flexible with scheduling that may include occasional Saturday hours and weekday afternoon/evening hours
- Possess a high sense of urgency, attention to detail, initiative and integrity
- Have exceptional interpersonal, customer service and communication skills
- Pass a pre-employment background and credit check
USCCU offers a competitive salary and perhaps the best benefit package in the CU industry. We are a member-focused financial cooperative committed to becoming the preeminent financial services provider to the Trojan Family.
Minimum Education: High school or equivalent
Minimum Experience: 2 years
Minimum Field of Expertise: Knowledge of credit union loan operations.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://email@example.com://usccareers.usc.edu/job/los-angeles/student-lending-specialist/1209/4337939 →